Dorset Marine Training are committed to protecting your data and privacy. In order to provide you with a service there is certain information that we will require and this policy explains what data is collected, how it is collected and used, how it is stored and who we may share it with. We will not spam you and will only share relevant information with the RYA for certification reasons (as detailed below). If you have any concerns about data please do not hesitate to contact us.
We may collect the following information:
Personal identification information: This includes your name, email, phone number and address for the purposes of contacting you and maintaining certification records. During a course we will also ask for medical details and next of kin for emergency contact and this will be held only for the duration of training. You will be aware of the information collected as you will supply that directly to us.
Non-personal identification information: We may collect non-personal identification information about visitors whenever they interact with our website or social media for analytical purposes. These may include basic information regarding the user and will be determined by your cookie settings.
We may collect your data through: our online services including social media, our website or third party booking agents, telephone calls or email enquiries requesting further information or booking a course along with your completed booking form & feedback forms, competitions at events where you opt in to receive further information.
How your information is stored: your information may be stored electronically or on paper records. The website information is protected via a SSL certificate and payment details are not held by us but instead processed centrally via PayPal. Bank transfer information will be held in the usual fashion by the banks. The information we hold will be stored for as long as required by contract law or RYA Certification requirements. If you wish for your data to be deleted earlier than this please contact us.
Who will receive your information: The only information we would share with a third party will be the RYA for certification purposes. Other than that we will not sell or share your data (unless required by law).
Where an RYA certificate is issued which is not required to be registered online: On successful completion of your course your name, certificate number and date of issue will be stored for up to 7 years as suggested by the RYA. This information allows us to verify or replace your certificate if required.
If you do not wish your data stored please let us know and please be aware that neither ourselves nor the RYA will be able to replace or verify your certificate in the future.
SRC Exams We are required by the RYA to store SRC exam papers for up five years and make these available to the RYA if required.
How we protect your information:
• We adopt strict procedures appropriate to data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction or unlawful processing of your personal data.
• We use a SSL protected website.
We use your data and personal information in the following ways:
• To provide services and information you have requested such as to facilitate payments, bookings, send administrative correspondence, and provide you with other information about our products, services, the local area and the centre.
• To continually improve your customer experience, improve our offerings and update our records. We may also contact you to ask about your experience using our centre and services as part of a continual programme of customer service improvement.
• To send you, with your permission, marketing communications that might be of interest to you if you have proactively agreed to this. If you do not agree to receive this information, you may opt out from receiving future information at any time. Please inform us.
• For our business purposes developing, improving or modifying our services, identifying client groups trends and operating our business activities.
Unless we have your express consent, we will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal data to any third parties for their marketing or mailing purposes.
• We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business, the website and to administer activities on our behalf. We may share your personal data with them in order that we can carry out certain functions, such as communicating about an enquiry, processing your booking and to assist with the general running of our site.
Photos: It is helpful for us to have photos to aid future course promotion. You will be asked to sign a consent form at the time of your course. If you have any future objections please let us know.
Cookies: Our website may use “cookies” to enhance visitors experience. This enables us to determine how clients use our website including the use of analytic tools such as google analytics. They are also used if you book a course online to assist with your booking.