Please read carefully:
• An illness/disability will not necessarily prevent you from taking part in a course however it is essential that the School (DMT) is made aware of your condition prior to accepting your booking. Contact your own GP for advice if necessary. At the beginning of the course we will ask you to sign a medical declaration that will be kept for the duration of the course.
• The Instructor’s decision is final as to whether the course proceeds in light of weather or other conditions that in their view make continuation of the course unwise/unsafe. In adverse weather conditions the Instructor may decide to limit the course.
• Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted in any premises, pontoons or school craft.
• Course participants agree not to drink alcohol during the course.
• DMT does not accept responsibility for death of, or injury to the client or loss or damage of the client’s property. I agree to fully comply with all safety instructions given to me and to use safety equipment provided as advised.
Terms & Conditions
In these terms & conditions the term “DMT” & “we/us/our” means Dorset Marine Training, (a partnership operated by Dominic Coleman & Sarah Quinn) its Instructors, partners or any sub-contracted person. The term “the client” & you/your shall mean each person in whose name the booking is made.
Signing the booking form signifies acceptance of DMT’s terms & conditions.
Before booking, please satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you are booking. If in any doubt please contact us.
Course enrolment does not mean that you automatically get a certificate. All courses require you to reach a certain standard at which the relevant certificate can be awarded. Students will be trained & debriefed to ensure everyone achieves their potential on the course, but Certificates can only be awarded to those reaching the required standard. We will of course provide a plan for completion of the award.
The minimum age for booking all courses is 18. Young people under 18 can only attend courses accompanied by a parent or guardian or on a dedicated young person’s course unless specifically agreed otherwise and parental consent will be required.
DMT will accept the booking by writing (usually via email) to the client with joining instructions. Full payment is due at the time of booking to secure your place.
Cancellation by client: Greater than 4 weeks notice: Course fee repaid less £50 admin charge. Less than 4 weeks notice until your course: Full cost of course due unless places can be ‘resold’ in which case liability is limited to admin charge. Cancellation by DMT: If for any reason we are unable to fulfil a booking or a vessel becomes unseaworthy, we will inform the Student as soon as possible. No liability shall attach itself to DMT beyond the refund of the full fee paid by the student(s) or unused portions thereof. We reserve the right to cancel a course should the numbers fail to reach a viable minimum number. No responsibility whatsoever will be accepted for client travel, accommodation or other costs. You are strongly advised to take out your own insurance to cover cancellation costs.
DMT will decide how & when any course is run & whether or not the course will go out onto the water. Our decision is final.
Clients provided with equipment such as waterproofs etc are responsible for their safe return at the end of each day. Damage to any item beyond normal wear & tear may render the client liable to pay compensation.
Clients warrant that that any of their own equipment that they choose to use on a course (e.g. a lifejacket) are serviced in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations within the last 12 months & have been checked prior to attending course.
Individuals intending to obtain the International Certificate of Competence (ICC) are advised to check the RYA website to ensure that they satisfy the RYA rules for eligibility for the issue of this certificate. DMT cannot be held responsible if an individual books’ a course with a view to subsequently obtaining an ICC but the RYA rejects their application.
DMT is insured, however the client is strongly recommended to take out their own insurance against cancellation, damage or loss of personal effects, death or personal injury. The client acknowledges that there are inherent dangers involved in sports / powerboating & understands & agrees to sign the booking form indemnity holding DMT & it Instructors free of liability in the event of an accident, death, injury or damage to person or property. The Client understands that the vibration that occurs as a boat moves across waves & wash can exacerbate existing conditions & agrees to advise DMT of any relevant conditions.
The Training Centre (DMT) & Instructors, do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or injury suffered by persons &/or their property arising out of or during the course of the activities whilst training &/or coaching &/or instructing &/or delivering unless such injury loss or damage was caused by, or resulted from negligence or deliberate act.
By ticking the box overleaf, you consent to any photos & videos that are taken of you during training being used in publicity material/websites/social media. You also consent to any feedback given to us being used in these same places.
Own boat tuition is provided on the following basis:
• The vessel is insured by the owner for loss, damage & legal liability to third parties
• The client remains the skipper & legally responsible for the safe management of the vessel at all times (including when under tuition) & will not hold DMT responsible for any loss or damage. If the vessel is on delivery they authorise us to skipper the craft & undertake to secure the consent of the insurers to this agreement – with respect to the ‘covid-19’ restrictions, distance between instructor and yourself should be maintained at 2m, this may increase the time taken for an instructor to access the controls and should be born in mind by yourselves.
• The client undertakes to secure the consent of the insurers to this agreement
• Where marina fees/short stay charges etc. are incurred these are the responsibility of the client.
• The client will ensure their boat is in an appropriate mechanical state for the course to be run. Where a course needs to be extended due to delays resulting from problems with the vessel additional time will be charged at our standard rates. Where we need to provide a vessel to replace a client’s own boat on a course then this will be at our standard charter rates.
• A client who seeks ‘own boat tuition’ will also be sent a separate document detailing the equipment required on the boat. It is a condition of the booking that the client’s boat satisfies the conditions detailed within this document.
• Clients warrant that that any of their own equipment that they choose to use on a course (e.g. a lifejacket) are serviced in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations within the last 12 months & have been checked prior to attending course.
Under Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 you have statutory cooling off period of 14 days from the day after you purchase your goods or service. At any time during this period you can notify us that you wish to cancel your contract & we will give a full refund. If your training is due to commence within 14 days or if you wish to start your online course immediately you waive your right to cancel and/or will be liable for reasonable costs incurred. If you wish to cancel please copy and paste and complete the following form and return by post or email: We are friendly and would hugely appreciate notification by email or phone as well if possible.
To Dorset Marine Training, Poole Quay Boat Haven, Poole Town Quay, Poole, BH15 1HJ enquiries @ dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk (please remove spaces) I/We hereby give notice that I/we cancel my/our contract of sale of the following goods/ for the supply of the following service…………Ordered on/received on…. Client name….. Client Address….. Your signature ….. Date…..
Advice on your rights can be found at https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.show&lng=EN
We hope that you will be happy with your course. If you have any concerns please contact the Principal in the first instance within a week of the course and then, if necessary, RYA Training.